Monday, March 19, 2007

Waking up early and Dreams

For the past two nights I have not been able to sleep as well as I'd like. On a weekday when I have worked in the early morning I usually will go to bed when i get home and sleep for about 6 hours. On Saturday nights and Sunday nights I can actually sleep at the same time everyone else does, or stay up late and sleep in the next day. Well Saturday night I stayed up late until 4:30 AM, not to mention I had been up for 24 hours straight, and I could only sleep for 6 hours. I was slightly unhappy with my natural alarm clock. Last night I decided to go to bed early so I went to bed at 11 PM and could only sleep until 5:40! I hate this body sometimes...Jesus, I am getting anxious for the Resurrection body...

While I was sleeping I had a pretty interesting dream. Before I tell the dream I just wanted to hit on how weird dreams are. Yesterday I had a few things on my mind and they were as follows: Waking Ned Devine (a movie), my Papaw Bob, U.S. Presidents, 24 (TV Show), and my church family. With that being said, here is the weird dream I had...The dream begins on a military airfield that looks to have been decorated for a 4th of July gig or a presidential speech. In the center of the airfield is a casket that is exactly the same as the one in Waking Ned Devine. The casket belongs to my Papaw Bob who in my dream is apparently getting the honors of a fallen president. As a ceremony is going on, a suspicious photographer flashes his camera only to set off a bomb killing himself and wounding many of the mourners and knocking myself and my wife(?) down. Immediately I get up and begin scanning the nearby rooftops for snipers. Then the scene cuts to me being at my Pastor's house at describing the crazy event that I had just been a part of. I watched the news and saw video footage of the incident and then...(I woke up, lol)

1 comment:

Starla said...

Dude when was you going to tell me about your wife(?), LOL! I sort of had a crazy dream a couple of weeks ago. I dreamed Jack Black kidnapped one of the twins from the Suite Life with Zack and Cody and their mom. Why in the world do we have such weird dreams.