Thursday, April 05, 2007

WrestleMania 23 - My Take

On Sunday morning I woke up with a magical feeling inside of me. I knew that today was the day that one of greatest childhood fantasies would be realized. I was preparing to attend my first WrestleMania.

We left the house at about 3:00 PM and were stuck in traffic for about 2 and a half hours until we finally got of the freeway and parked. The vibe of something big was in the air. People flocking from all over the world and converging in one place, for one purpose: to celebrate the history of wrestling and the hard work that today's wrestling superstars have put in over the last year to entertain us fans each and every week.

As we entered the doors of Ford Field, I purposely kept my eyes lowered so as to not see anything inside the arena area until I got to my seat. I wanted the first time my eyes viewed the stage and the ring to be a special moment...and it was.

Between the sound, lights, pyro, and of course the wrestling it was truly an awesome experience. I was a part of the largest crowd in Ford Field history and the second largest crowd in WrestleMania history with 80,103 fans filling every possible place from wich the show could be seen. Folks from all 50 states, 9 of the 10 Canadian provinces, and 25 different countries attended the twenty - third annual edition of the "Showcase of the Immortals".

Although the outcome of every match was not what I wanted to happen, the night was truly one of the greatest experiences of my life. It was well worth the money I paid for the show and even knowing that John Cena would make my favorite wrestler of all time tap out I would still go again if I had the chance.


I will go to another WrestleMania someday. My only vow is to get better seats :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got to experience WM first-hand. It sounds like you had a great weekend!

By the way, I have a new blog url (wanted to let you know, so you could change the link):

http://babblingbalderdash.blogspot.com