Sunday, April 01, 2007

The 2007 WWE Hall of Fame Ceremony



[EDIT] Pics from far away I took, lol. ENJOY :)

Well, I just woke up. It is Sunday, April 1, 2007. 12:00 PM

Last night my brother and I, along with my friend Justin and 4,497 other people, attended the 2007 WWE Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony. I am not going to give you a full run down of the event because with my emotional thoughts it would be very lengthy but you can read such a review HERE. The event was very classy and it was being held at the FOX Theatre. The whole night my face was covered in a mix of sweat and tears as I watched some of the greatest wrestling legends get one of the final big jewels that can go into the crown of a professional wrestler.

A few take away notes...
  • I stood about five feet from Jimmy Hart as he was doing an interview.
  • Before the show the ushers presented every attendee with a commemorative HoF program that recognized those being inducted last night, those who have been previously inducted, and the two who have passed away since last year.
  • After the show was over the ushers passed out a commemorative WWE HoF medallion.
  • While the superstars were waiting inside their buses, I and/or my brother waved to and got responses from Arn Anderson and Sgt. Slaughter. We also saw Blackjack Lanza, Mae and Moohlah, Matt Hardy, Ashley, Lashley, Kenny Dykstra, RVD, Mr. Fuji, and Elijah Burke.
I will post pictures up on a later date but I want to say that it is truly an honor and a priveledge to have personally been a witness to the honoring of these great wrestling superstars

Thank you to Nick Bockwinkle, Afa, Sika, The Sheik, Mr. Fuji, Jim Ross, Jerry Lawler, Curt Henning, and Dusty Rhodes for entertaining me at some point within the last 23 years.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, the thing that I have waited on for one year is only six hours away.

The only event that has captured my heart on an annual basis ever since I can remember is WrestleMania. I can remember sitting on couches watching the excitement from the comforts of my home and I would think "WOW, I have got to go to one of these!" I used to wonder if they would ever come back to Detroit and if they did would I be lucky enough to attend? Well now they are...and I am...

1 comment:

Starla said...

Sounds like you guys had fun.