Thursday, April 26, 2007

Jesus Saved My Cell Phone

Last night, while goofing off in the Texas Roadhouse parking lot, my cell phone wound up on the hood of my friend's car. My friend pulled away and moments later I realized that I probably would never see that phone again. I prayed and asked God to let me find my phone. I drove around the parking lot and looked around for it but it was gone for sure. I then asked God to let it bee hung between the hood of the car and the windshield wipers or something weird. However I got it back, I knew it would be because God allowed me to keep it. I drove down Eureka looking along the road hoping that I would see it in one piece, but that was not to be. I got home and called my friends and told them I thought I left my phone on the hood of the car. They said they didn't see it at first, but then with sheer amazement, it was announced that while they drove it was still sitting on the hood!. It had survived Kat's erratic driving and sat right where it probably lay the whole trip!

During a time when I have been wondering about why I feel so far from God and I have felt so guilty concerning my inability to get rid of some sinful habits and gain some holy disciplines, God came through for me. He let me know in a very small way that he hasn't abandoned me and more importantly that he is truly with me.

Thank You Lord for this little blessing, this tiny token of Your love. I ask that You would work more miracles for me, larger ones that concern some sin in my life that, without Your help, I cannot overcome. I ask that You would help me and empower me to not let sin reign in my mortal body but help me submit the offending desires and parts of my body to You for You to use for Your glory. I pray this not only for myself, but also for my brothers and sisters who struggle with bringing their desires and bodies under subjection to You. Thanks, praise, and glory to You again and Amen!

3 comments:

KayMac said...

amen!

Starla said...

I am glad that God took care of your cell phone for you. He is truly the God of big and small miracles.

DT said...

Hey bud, its Dave Todd. I now have access to your blog! Youll never be the same. On a serious note, Never forget accountability. Ask trusted friends to keep you accountable for your actions. This is Biblical and God honoring. God doesnt expect you to go through anything alone. Later, Dave