Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The Benoit Family Tragedy (UPDATED 6/27)

Yesterday afternoon, Chris Benoit, his wife Nancy, and their only child together Daniel were found dead in their Georgia home. Cause of death has yet to be determined although their is no one outside of the home being suspected.

Before the grizzly details of this tragic tale come out later today and in the coming weeks, I want to make it known that I love and cherish the memory of Chris Benoit. What happened at the horrid end could put Chris in a bad light, and there is nothing right about murder under any circumstances, but I will remember the Chris Benoit who entertained me for ten plus years and the person who showed more intensity in the ring and respect for the "sport" outside the ring more than almost anyone else ever. He was a true champion in the wrestling business. He earned everything he ever got.

I have been up for over twenty four hours and have been very upset about this whole story, but I will update this blog entry later with some memories of the Chris Benoit his fans loved and cheered for along with some of the hard theological truths God is teaching me throughout this most saddening event.

Till then, pray for Chris Benoit's family, including his two children from a previous marriage and also pray for any family Nancy had. God Bless The Benoit Family...

Pray for the best,
H (9:37 AM, 6/26/07)


It is now about 1:30 AM (6/27) and the details I am reading of the Benoit family deaths are even more sick and twisted than I could have imagined. Until another day or two has passed I am holding off on blogging about the tragic side of this story. I am changing the title of this blog and making a new post to celebrate the career of Chris Benoit. Once I am ready to discuss my feelings on the real life tragedy I will delete this post and replace it with a new one.

Continue to pray for Chris and Nancy's respective families as they grieve the loss of their loved ones.

(1:54, 6/27/07)

1 comment:

Starla said...

Jon I don't know when you will get to read this, since you probably are asleep at this moment. But the news on Benoit and his family have been updated on Google. I think I will posted another blog on here tomorrow and explain everything. Please as soon as you can read the news.