Monday, June 11, 2007

Totally Different

As I sit here in my cousin's room at my Aunt and Uncle's home in Firebrick, Ky I reflect on the changes that have taken place in my life over the past year. Although I am still a bum living at home with my parents, and although I am still only employed at UPS working less than part time, I have changed alot over the last year.

Some of the changes are as trivial as the fact that my favorite show on Monday nights is not WWE Raw anymore, but has been replaced by '24'.

Other changes are more politically minded seeing as I no longer will base my votes as much on who is anti-gay but more so on who is serious about immigration reform.

My concern no longer is as much with people who say four letter words like hell, damn, shit, and fu...well you get my drift...but is more so with people who say four letter words like love and care yet show none to anyone who doesn't eventually benefit themselves.

I am still bothered by abortion and evolution but now more equally bothered by people who blow up abortion clinics in the name of Christ and those who defend the literal six day Creation story by obnoxiously shouting Bible verses in judgement and screaming that the evolutionists are going straight to hell.

I am also more bothered by me. I am the worst offender at times and I fail God on a daily basis, but instead of begging and pleading for God to rapture me out of this old world or let me die, I am asking God to change me daily to make me more of who He wants me to be and thanking Him for the oportunity to serve in His kingdom and live life in faith that no matter how bad it seemingly gets I am in my Father's hand and He will work everything out to where He gets the glory regardless of how bad my circumstances may seem.

Thank you Jesus for your continuous work in the redemption of my outlook on life. Let me always be Gospel minded, spreading redemption, and busy representing your kingdom, rule, and reign.

2 comments:

Margie said...

great post! its amazing how God changes our hearts when we open them, huh?

Daughter of the Most High King said...

Best post I've read by you yet. :) I can see the kind of man that God is making you into and it is awesome... but why would He really have it any other way? :)