Friday, July 11, 2008

A Quick Update...

First of all, it's good to be home in Michigan again after 18 days in the great state of Kentucky. I enjoyed much of my time there and can't wait to go back in August. In the days ahead I will blog about some of my experiences while in hanging in the Bluegrass State and visiting the state between Detroit and Kentucky (hint it starts with an O).

The past few days have gone by very quickly since I got back home on Wednesday. Mom and Dad have the grandkids at the trailer for a month and a half, leaving my brother and I to take care of the house here in Michigan.

Last night/this morning I spent some time hangin' with my boys at the AT&T store waiting for the new iPhone. I stayed with them from 9:00 last night until 3:00 this morning just shooting the shiz. Then I left to go to work and rejoined them at 7:15ish this morning to watch them complete their odyssey. We just chilled in lawn chairs and chatted it up. It was a great time. I really enjoy spending time with those guys.

As for future blogging I will not commit to a daily update but I do have some ideas to keep it fresh around here. Some of those ideas include:
  • Music Mondays - Just a look at some of the music I have been listening to over the week and a chance for you to check it out.
  • "What Happened When?" Wednesdays - I received quite a bit of positive feedback on my series looking at the real history that took place during the life and times of the fictional Indiana Jones. Since several folks seemed to like it, I was thinking of doing a blog every Wednesday profiling some of the historical events that happened on dates in the week ahead. This one is almost a sure thing and will begin this upcoming week.
  • Thursday Thoughts - Just a look at what's been rattling around in my head for the past week. Probably not weekly, but often.
  • Whatever Weekends - Taking a look at what's been going on in my realms of interest (ie: wrestling, NASCAR, television, world events, politics, ect.)
Future topics include:
  • Salvation
  • Christianity and Patriotism
  • Bad Words and Sinful Speach: What is it, Does it exist, What does the Scripture say?
  • Alcoholic Beverages: Use and Abuse, Is There A Difference?
  • More thoughts about the church
  • The Book of Romans
One other thing is a request. If you read this blog and see something that you like or don't, agree with or don't, or just something that you have any thoughts about whatsoever, comment on it. I would like to see this place as being somewhere that I can engage others and they can do the same with me. If we disagree or you think I'm wrong, let's talk about it on this blog. No matter if I know you or I don't, if we're close or not, I will treat you with respect as long as you do the same with me. Is there anything that you would like to discuss with me? If so, this is great place to do it. Is there something you'd be interested in knowing my thoughts on? Let me know, and if I have thoughts on it, I may dedicate a post to it. Point being, I'd like to generate some dialog and discussion but I would look insane doing it by myself. I want your help.

With that being said, I'm heading for bed. Let me know what you think of my ideas and if anyone likes them we'll see what we can do. Good night.

No comments: