Sunday, August 24, 2008

Back Home

It's good to be back home after spending a week in the great state of Kentucky. Most of my time was spent reading. I finished Peter Kreeft's "The Three Philosophies of Life" and got started on "Pagan Christianity" by Frank Viola and George Barna. I also spent some time in Stanley Grenz' "Theology for the Community of God."

Two Saturdays ago, after traveling 286 miles to my Aunt and Uncle's place in Firebrick, KY, I watched Michael Phelps' win his 8th gold medal in the 29th Olympiad, thus surpassing Mark Spitz' record for most gold medals won by a single competitor in one Olympics.

Last Monday, my brother, my cousin and I went to North Bend, OH to visit the tomb of William Henry Harrison. It was an awesome and worth while trip as we paid our respects to the 9th President of the United States.

Tuesday we traveled 159 miles from Firebrick to Dorton, KY where my Mom and Dad spent the summer. Most of my time there was spent reading and watching the first 9 editions of WWE's Summerslam.

Thursday my brother and I traveled to Greenville, TN to go to the Andrew Johnson National Historic Site. Comprised of a visitor's center, two of Andrew Johnson's homes, and his final resting place. A wonderful experience and an amazing trip though 19th century American history. I was honored to pay my respects to the 17th President of the United States. He seemed like a decent and honorable man.

After spending Friday resting, we traveled back to our home here in Michigan yesterday. All in all, a good trip and one of my favorite end of summer trips to KY that I can recall.

That's all for today, tomorrow I may post something but Tuesday we'll certainly continue the journey through the Doctrines of Grace with a look at Limited/Unlimited Atonement. Till then...

No comments: