Friday, August 01, 2008

One Year Ago Today

...I NEARLY BROKE MY FACE OFF!!

Most of you who know me remember that I tried to do the two-step across the rollers and I fell and busted my face.

Here is what my face looked like after they stitched me up.

I would like to take this time to thank everyone who was so kind to me during this time of facial trauma. I would like to thank my safety supervisor at work - Vivian Corbeil for all that she did (as far as taking me to the clinic and what-not). I also would like to thank Dr. Rampersuad for doing such a good job stitching me up and my dentist for fixing my two teeth that got knocked out of place. Most of all I'd like to thank Jesus for letting me heal up as well as I did and for not letting the accident be worse than what it was. I was truly blessed by God and others through this incident and looking back I can truly say that it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

I would also like to say a big hearty F U to the guy who wanted me to clean up my own blood immediately after the incident took place. I like you you and we're boys and all, but that was a shitty thing to do.

Also thanks to UPS and Liberty Mutual for paying all my medical bills that came with this incident and thanks to Mike and Joe for helping me find the humor in this situation at a time when it seriously hurt to laugh :)

No comments: